Friday, August 15, 2008

school already?

Saige's pre-K packet came today. We finally know her schedule, teacher and have her supply list.
I have very impatiently waiting for this info, then I opened it and cried. My baby is going to school! In a couple weeks! I want to call it off, lol, and keep her for just one more year. I know it's only a couple of hours, and she is really excited about it. She starts Sept 4th. So at least the first week is only two days. I should survive. Next year, when she is gone all day will be the really hard part. I figure after the first few days Rob can get her off to school while I sleep in :) before I know it she'll be home again.

I've been DREADING and getting a bit anxious about school supplies. I have seen outrageous lists and was scared I would only have a week to buy twelve pages of crazy things. She needs a backpack (done) a potholder and a Pringles can. Very easy, simple, and cheap :) I've had new clothes set aside for a while and picked up a few extras (did I mention 8 shirts for 80 cents? I LOVE JC Penney!) so other than needing a haircut, I guess we are ready. I broke down and trimmed her bangs tonight, poor thing couldn't see, I was sure to leave them plenty long enough to be done right.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its so hard isn't it? We want our kids to grow up then just wish they would stop. Im sure she will love school and you will love the time with Rylan