I am about sick to death of teeth and the misery they bring. I feel sorry for him, I know it must hurt but I don't know how much more screaming my head can take before it explodes or I stab a pencil through my ears. He has seven now and the molars are getting closer. I wish I could reach in and push them through already. He is currently in his crib screaming bloody murder. He has had teething tablets (which as far as he goes are about freaking useless) and tylenol. He doesn't want to be held, he doesn't want to not be held, he just wants my bed and it ain't happening.
I have made the mistake of bringing him to bed with us the past couple nights and now he thinks it's gonna happen again. I did get him when he woke up I planned to bring him back downstairs for a while but when we went by my room and he saw we were not in bed (he woke up a half hour after bed time not 3 am this time) and we were not headed that way he got PISSED and has not stopped letting me know it yet- that was two hours ago, he sure is stubborn and he sure has a temper. I keep going back but it seems to make him scream harder. It's my own fault I never should have let him in our bed but at 3 am I am just SOOO tired and I don't want to deal. I am not a co-sleeping kind of person, most of the time I don't even like sharing the bed with Robby. I don't like to be touched or have my hair pulled or my head stepped on while I am sleeping. I don't like other people, even my kids, drooling on my pillow, or talking (or shrieking in delight, which in Rylan's case is even more ear shattering than screaming) in my ear. I do NOT share well when it comes to sleep.
On a good note, my munchkin is back from camping, it was only two days but I missed her like crazy. She must have had a great time, she is sleeping right through the screaming from the next room. Usually she wakes up and screams SHUT UP along with him. I need to invest in some ear plugs. He is 13 months old and there is NO reason what so ever he should not be sleeping on his own and through the night. It's mean, but I am done, he can scream and cry but his little hiney is staying right in that crib. I totally admit I spoil him- I know I do but he is so damn loud that my sanity does not know what else to do so I give him what he wants to shut him up. I have become my biggest parenting pet peeve. he's getting bigger and we need to nip that in the bud now before it's too late. I swear he is 20 times louder than any other child I have ever heard. Our neighbors as far away as they are no doubt hate us, there is no way they can't hear him. The kicker is, he is so sweet and good when he has an audience, so everyone thinks I am a liar.
School is less than two weeks away, I wonder if that is enough time to figure out he is no longer gonna get what he wants. I hope so because she needs her sleep. Ohhhh there is silence, I almost didn't recognize it my ears are still ringing.
On another good note- my fishy is still alive and other than a gross looking bone where there was once a pretty tail, he seems perfectly fine. I'm still not speaking to/ looking at/ or touching the evil cat.

4 comments:
I know what you mean! Tristin is waking up twice a night these days and I can't stand the crying so I just wake up w/him rather than let him CIO....Ugh, to think, I still have more of this to look forward to!!
See, I'm the opposite. I would SO much rather have someone snuggling in bed than listen to the fussing. I co-sleep on and off whenever they want. That's the part I miss most about Zaven and Caly getting bigger. Teenagers don't snuggle. And they just barely hug or kiss. But I feel for you. Quinn has been up the past two nights with a cold. He's normally my heavy sleeper, but he just can't get comfy.
I'm lazy, so crying kids sleep in my bed. I barely sleep anyway, so it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. Actually, with a nursing newborn, it's just easier to sleep if I let him stay in bed with me half the night. Only Daisy is not allowed in our bed because she doesn't sleep. She wants to play or have long conversations about nothing.
Try Motrin. Works better than Tylenol for those swollen gums. And popsicles. And an occasional dose of Benedryl won't hurt either ;) Everyone is happier if you all get some sleep.
he is the same way- he does not sleep. It's yelling, and jumping (well baby jumping) kicking and playing and pulling- no one sleeps when he is in our bed.
Post a Comment