It's been a busy couple weeks. Saige is loving school, she loves her teacher and her old and new friends. Some of them are real and some are fake, lol. The fake ones are kids that have the same names as some of her old friends so she refers to the old ones as "the real such and such" It's funny and no amount of explaining will help, I have tried. It's very weird having her gone all day long, she gets off the bus at 4. But, it's kind of nice at the same time. I miss her, but Rylan goes for a nap when Robby leaves for work and I get a couple hours of me time. THAT is very nice :) It took me a while to get use to it. So my fingers are crossed that the little man does not decide to give up his nap anytime soon.
We had Open House at school tonight. She was SO excited to go. We had to walk through twice, the first trip was her practically dragging me through the whole school to see everything pointing and running to the next thing before I could even see what she was pointing at. Then we went back through and I got to check out some of her projects and a get a closer look at stuff. I can't really remember Kindergarten but I sure wish I could... it had to have been fun. Yesterday in the car totally out of the blue Saige asked if she could be a scout. So I signed her up to be a Daisy scout tonight. That should be a lot of fun as well.
Rylan spent the first couple days of school wandering around sad and lost. All he said was "where's Saigey"... over and over again, all day long. By the second week he was loving the one on one with mom and dad. He has been so good during the day (knock on wood) of course the fighting starts the second she steps off the bus. It's really great and a huge relief to see more of the good side of Rylan. He is still talking more and more by the day. He isn't quite where he should be yet but he is getting there. His speech is getting a lot clearer as well so not only is he talking, we understand him a lot better too.
My kitchen is coming along nicely. Actually sort of faster than I expected. I know it's going to be a long time before it's done but I'm getting excited. We now have two finished base cabinets with self closing drawers and doors and the third on is underway. I love my hubby, he has done such a great job on them. I think they are nicer than most we looked at, not to mention thousands and thousands of dollars cheaper. Plus they are truly custom built just for me :)
Last week our water was out for whatever reason and it blew a pipe under the sink when it came back on.... and it ran full blast all night long. We heard it turn back on in bed at 12:10 am, at no time did it occur to me that I should go check anything, and Rob didn't say anything so I rolled over and went to bed. Saige appeared at 7:40 and said dad someone left the water on and it's all over the floor and pouring out. Thankfully that wasn't a new cabinet under the sink yet, but it went through the floor and rained into the basement for 7 1/2 hours. I suppose it's a good thing that I have made Robby move so many things around that there were holes in the floor from old pipes and wires so most of it went to the basement. It was pooled in the kitchen and soaked through the drywall and under the walls into the bathroom but most of it went down through the floor. The laminate floor in the kitchen is a bit warped but dried up a lot better than I thought it would. The basement is finally dry but everything that wasn't in plastic totes got ruined. Some holiday decorations, books, and ALL off my important paperwork, like tax returns and such that I had filed in boxes all shot. AT least an extra 10 loads of laundry of clothes I had stored down there. Fortunately it could have been a lot worse. Unfortunately we have public water so the bill will be extremely painful when it shows.

2 comments:
Call the water company tomorrow and tell them what happened. They can sometimes adjust the bill down if there's a major situation like that, and even if they can't, they can usually space out the payments for you so you don't have them all at once.
Shit! I hit publish accidentally.
I meant to add that Quinn is right there with the culture shock at being an only child during the day. He cried a lot the first few weeks. Begged for all three of them to come home. But now he's enjoying the time a bit more. He loves that Scott is taking him out on business errands and quick trips to the hardware store. He thinks he's boss of the town, now.
Post a Comment