Monday, September 7, 2009

It's over

Summer is gone and I have no idea where it went. There were suppose to be way more lounging around relaxing days than constant on the go days. Saige has been really excited for school to start... right up until bedtime tonight. Out of no where, while I was tucking her in she went from telling me how she was going to see her best friend again and make me stuff, to throwing her arms around me and crying. Begging me not to make her go. She will miss me, she will miss the dog, she will even miss her baby brother. What if I need help with Rylan? Who is going to watch daddy (lol). If we love her why do we want her to go away all day? At that point I was crying too. I finally convinced her that if she went and made an effort to have a good time we would make a toad house for the garden when she gets home. I really hope she was just overtired and is ready to go in the morning. I KNOW that she will be fine once she is there, she loves school and I KNOW she will love Kindergarten and seeing her friends again. But, it sure wont be easy on me to send her off if she still doesn't want to go :(

One kid showed up for soccer practice tonight. We are already down to 4 on the team, I knew one wasn't coming but the other was a no show as well. No phone call, nothing. Thankfully the one that did show up was the only one who hasn't played before but it was hard trying to prep them for a game of 3 on 3 with only two players. I have to say, for never playing before, he is pretty good. Saige is doing really well, a definite improvement from the Spring. I hope she keeps it up for the games. We had fun though, when they weren't starring at the sky looking for airplanes and flying saucers. Next weekend should be lots of fun, lol.

Rylan has been talking up a storm this week! I am so happy, he has been adding words left and right. I knew it would start happening eventually, but knowing that doesn't really make you worry any less. For a kid who doesn't talk much, he sure is bossy. He talks in complete sentences when he is telling you what to do, lol. He was so excited to go to bed tonight, he knows the school bus is coming in the morning for Saigey. He loves school buses, tractors, motorcycles, anything on wheels. I'm hoping if nothing else that will cheer her up and get her going- she'll get to go on the bus and he can't. He had a blast yesterday at my MILs riding the dune buggies with daddy. So much so, that after the belt broke on the one, and the big kids weren't giving up the other, he got daddy to spend the entire afternoon pushing him around on it. I fear the boy is going to be a master manipulator.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Poor Saige! Tell her that Zoe goes to all day Kindergarten and loves it.

And it's that awesome that Rylan is talking so much! I'm so happy for you.

DaveAly said...

Aww! I hope she had a great first day of Kindergarten. Connor was like that too...sooo scared and dramatic the day before he transferred schools. Gotta love little kids and sports :) It's a blast watching Taylor's t-ball assistant coach try to get them to line up...15 3 year olds... I'm glad Rylan is talking a lot more!