Monday, October 12, 2009

Good News

I'm not sure where it went but summer is gone and the cold is settling in :( I'm not ready yet, there is too much to get done and not enough time to do it. But, my kitchen is coming along nicely, I'll post picture soon.

Rylan had his 6 month follow up hearing evaluation this morning. It was completely normal. Woohoo. His tubes are still in and doing the job. I'm a bit nervous about after they fall out, but I am holding out hope that he will okay and not need anymore. They were pleased that he is making progress with his speech and said he doesn't need to come back again unless the ENT wants him tested after the tubes are gone. He HAS been making great strides in the speech department, it gets better by the day. His personality is becoming a lot more pleasant too, and I love it.

Saige is still loving school, she read me Green Eggs and Ham the other night. I am so excited that she is starting to read. I LOVE to read and she seems to as well. I hope that continues. We start Daisy scouts next week. I'm going to be assistant troop leader. I have no idea what I am getting myself into but I know it will be fun, so we are both looking forward to that. We still have a few weeks of soccer left... and in case I haven't mentioned it, it's cold out there, lol. But, something seems to have clicked in Saige. She scored her first goal this season two weeks ago... once she did she was unstoppable. She got 5 more goals that game and another this past weekend. The hesitancy is completely gone and she is GOOD! She is very sly about it too, not the slightest bit aggressive, but she maneuvers in and steals the ball quite politely, it's cute. Rylan loves to kick the ball around too, he sure can kick for a little guy. He has two more years before he can play but he wants too.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Wow! Saige must be great! Zoe saw some kids playing soccer after school today and asked if she could learn how, too.

That's so good to hear about Rylan's progress. It's amazing how much of a difference the tubes have made for him.

Amnesty said...

"Green Eggs and Ham" was the first book Rory read :)