Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Pre-K

It's been a crazy week. I have been watching and watching for pre-k sign ups. I've checked the school websites, scoured the papers, and nothing. I knew it had to be coming soon, kindergarten registration is posted everywhere, so I finally called. It was LAST week! Ugh So I rushed to get the paperwork, and get it turned in. Many calls back and forth to BOCES (which is where it is through, not the school district, which is why I couldn't find it, I don't know this is my first time with all this) and the doctors office to set up a physical and get medical and immunization records. I thought we were missing a couple vaccinations (turns out we aren't) but I was in a panic about that. They told me they wont even consider her application until all her shots are complete. So being me I had to ask what if you are against vaccinations? Well that's simple you just flat out don't go to pre-k, I was tempted to ask what about kindergarten, but I figured it was my 4th phone call to them today, and really it has no affect on Saige, so I just let it go.

So during all this craziness it hit me- MY BABY IS GOING TO SCHOOL! Saige is very excited about meeting new friends and riding the school bus. I am excited for her, but yet so sad she is so grown up already. I cried, she asked why. I told her mommy is sad that you are going to go to school, it means you are growing up way too fast. Sweet thing that she is said "I want to go to school but I wont go if it will make you sad mommy." So I dried my eyes put on a brave face and said I would be alright. Suddenly 7 months away doesn't seem so very long (should have waited to get pregnant- those months would have lasted forever, lol) I cried when Derik went to school, I have no idea what I'm going to do when the bus pulls away with her on it. I would probably be arrested if I followed it and peeked through the windows at school all day, lol. It will be along day, and I am totally dreading it.

She has a cold, I hate that she is sick but secretly I love it too. She is content to cuddle with me all day long and ask for endless hugs, how could I not love it? I know these moments will be gone before I know what happened. Does that make me awful?

Rylan is 7 months old today, I'll do that post tomorrow. I don't have any pictures yet, my camera is dead and I can't find the battery charger (sigh) I suppose if I actually looked my chances would improve. I guess I should do that now.

0 comments: