Wednesday, February 13, 2008

7 months

The (not so) little guy is 7 months 1 week, I'm a bit behind. He went back to the doctors for a follow up on his meds... he gained another pound! He has stayed steady on his percentage charts but it seems like he gains weight like a behemoth, must be a boy thing. It is really hard to get a good picture of him, the moment he sees the camera light his eyes squint and his mouth opens. Already a ham. And a brute, hair pulling is his new favorite sport. Saige and I are both targets and he has quite the grip it hurts! So I keep my hair up but, I think that makes it more painful when he manages to get a handful thats pulled up. He thinks it's hilarious when we jump and say oww, and he doesn't give up. you can see it in his face, trying to figure out what he's got to do to reach it again.

He has been considerably happier the past couple weeks- thank god. I love that he can now play WITH Saige, and she is usually happy to play with him, or at least with his toys near him anyway, lol. The past couple days he has been rolling again, and again, and again. He either remembered how to do it or it's because I temporarily stopped using the cloth diapers. He is in between sizes, the next size up is just way to big and bulky to make him wear, and the smaller ones aren't holding enough which leaves me with a lot of laundry. I could add more layers but that just makes them bulkier or I could make some more but I just don't feel like it. Anyway naked or in a disposable diaper he is moving. Below is him rolling around naked on his pink towel... saving this one for the future embarrassment.
This one you can see his pretty blue eyes, or at least I could when it was full size, they aren't looking all too blue in this little picture, lol. Saige had bright blue eyes as a baby but now they change like mine. Rob still has bright blue eyes and eyelashes a mile long that most women would kill for, both of the kids got them too.

I think he is teething, starting to feel some ridges on the bottom and he's been chewing like crazy, he does have one molar (weird, I know) that looks and feels like it will pop through any day
, but it's been that way for over a month. He seems to be taking it pretty well so far but the worse is yet to come.

He feeds himself, the cheerios are big hit, it took him all of two days to figure out how to pick them up with two fingers when mommy stopped doing it for him. He also likes little chunks of bananas and pears but they are slippery and more fun to play with than anything else. He has yet to meet a food he doesn't like. I'm finding myself adding cereal to his fruit to thicken it. He likes to mush the food and gets angry when he tries and it just squishes back out, of course then he uses his hands to help it back in which just makes a big mess. That's okay with him, next comes the bathtub. He LOVES the tub, he will sit in there and splash until I make him get out because the waters cold or my ears wont stop ringing from being trapped in the little echoing bathroom with the loudest child in the world.

I think he really is the loudest, lol. Saige and I went shopping yesterday and there was a woman with a baby and it kept making this tiny little fussy noise. The mother starts cooing "oh poor baby why are you crying, you never cry" Me? I was standing there with my jaw hanging open thinking that is crying?... come home with me. Even Saige caught that... "mommy why doesn't that baby cry like baby brother so you can hear her" Perhaps when they are handing out features like hair and eye color at the baby factory, both my kids had their volumes programmed by a deaf stork.

Rylan also says hey... okay I know he's not really saying hey but it's a sound and it sounds just like it and it seems to be his favorite sound (aside from squealing as loud as he can). He will lay on the floor with Saige and they go back and forth yelling hey hey hey. I got it on my new video camera.... but when I loaded it the volume was off and the picture was really dark. I'll be returning that one and trying again. I do have the old camcorder but it wont hold a charge. I even bought an extra battery and that one dies after 5 minutes. Plus I have so many tiny tapes laying around, it's rather annoying. My big switch to digital has been so far rather exasperating. Anyone have any suggestions on a good affordable digital video camera. I don't want a really cheap cheesy one, but I don't want to fork over 800 bucks either.

4 comments:

Tristin Choi said...

Thie entry was hilarious - I love the fact that Rylan is so loud. Rylan is adorable - his cheeks are so rosy and his eyes are just goy-jus! Happy 7 months!!!

Anonymous said...

Rylan sounds like a wonderful baby, i could tell how blue his eyes are easily. I know all about LOUD Eilidh never shuts up and as Rebecca is so quiet it was a complete shock.
So HAPPY 7 ODD MONTHS RYLAN

Amnesty said...

http://camcorder.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028244&pathId=119&page=10
That's our video camera. Well, that's the new version of the camera we have anyway. It has a built in hard drive, which is awesome because you don't need discs, and it holds over 7 hours of video. And it stays charged for about 2 1/2 hours of constant use. We bought ours last year and haven't had a problem with it (knock on wood!)

Amnesty said...

http://tinyurl.com/ytwsan
Try that link, I think the last one didn't work.