Monday, January 14, 2008

growing fast

We took Rylan back to the doctor this morning for for the rest of his shots. He has gained a half pound and a half inch in a week! He is a giant in the length department (the rest of us are pretty short) he is already stretching the feet on his 6-9 month jammies. I can't keep up with him in the clothing dept. I put him in 9 month pj's tonight, they have a little room to go, but not much. He looks funny because they are so baggy, he's just long and skinny.

The doctor seems to think he has reflux. I am so glad we switched- finally an answer, so we are starting him on Zantac and hopefully that will make all our afternoons a bit easier. The good news, he (the doc) says most babies outgrow the reflux by 12 months, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Hopefully he will sleep much better since it wont be so uncomfortable for him to lay down, and he's start rolling again. He was trying yesterday but he doesn't seem to remember what to do with his arm, is was just stuck under him- looked painful but he kept trying to get over the top of it anyway, lol. He has started to pull himself up. When he's sitting with us he grabs for our hands and yanks himself up, he's strong little bugger.

Tonight Saige and I watched the Backyardigan special, it was about an egg. She kept trying to guess what the egg was, first the legs popped out and she told me it must be a turtle or a lizard. I suggested maybe a dragon? "No mommy it's a turtle" Then the wings popped out and she got excited and goes "Holy shit mommy it has wings" Now I know these are the times to be firm and let her know that shit is NOT an appropriate word. But, I couldn't stop laughing. She was very upset that the dragon sings at the end of the show and it's mouth doesn't move.

As I was putting her to bed I told her that she is not allowed to say words she KNOWS are naughty. To which she responds "okay mommy I wont say no more bad words 'til I'm 12, but can I still say tartar sauce?" I guess it's a start (sigh). I am so not looking forward to having a teenage girl, it's a very scary thought.

2 comments:

Amnesty said...

OMG! I laughed so hard at "holy shit!" Rory turned around to ask me what was so funny!
I can't believe Rylan is so big! Daisy wore a 6-9 month size outfit today, lol. She had reflux too, and outgrew it by 6 months, so I hope he gets over it soon too!

Anonymous said...

Big boy, Eilidh was around 1 when she moved out of 6-9 months stuff. LOL On the holy shit . Im DREADING having teenagers, can't they stay babies for ever?