Halloween that is. I love Halloween, it is no doubt my favorite holiday. I like other holidays, I mean who doesn't like Christmas, but Halloween is special. It's all fun and little to no stress to go along with it. My MIL is awesome and has helped tremendously, I have never had to worry about costumes. I have always loved Halloween, from trick or treating as a kid, to the fun (that I will never admit too, lol) as a teenager. I think the being mom stage is the most fun. I get the best of trick or treating, I am official candy inspector and sometimes that means collecting all my favorites to "test" I love seeing all the little kids all dressed up and the sheer joy on their faces. I am room mom this year so I get to go to school and see all of the little ones too. I'm not sure who is more excited for the Kindergarten party, me or Saige.
This year Saige is going to be a pretty witch, it's what she wanted. There is a cow costume that is just adorable that would fit her now, I was hoping she would want it but was pretty insistent she wanted to be a witch. Rylan doesn't care, or get a say. I figure when he can say what he wants we will worry about it. He is going to be Eeyore, the one Saige wore at 2. I have to say, and I may be a bit biased but he is a damn cute Eeyore with his big blue eyes and floppy ears. I've been trying relentlessly for weeks to get him to say trick or treat, no go. He wont even try. It's his first year out of the stroller so I hope he catches on quick.
Other than his refusal to say trick or treat his speech is still improving every day. He even talks in sentences now and then. Not huge sentences or anything but things like "Mom, me let kitty out" I'll take it! New words everyday and he is starting to repeat (uh oh, lol) things we say. Every time we read a book with animals I sit there and go through with him cow... what does a cow say? Of course I always end up answering myself, by now it's just habit I don't even wait. Today was different. For the first time ever I got answers while we did the animal puzzle. I asked what the cow says and he said MOOOOO I almost fell over in shock. Not holding my breath or anything I said what does the duck say, he says quack quack! I got an answer for the dog, kitty, tiger, monkey, and frog. I asked him what the horse says and he goes NO MOO. THAT was great! Moo was the only word I have heard from him, that is what he calls cows and horses. So he finally gets they are not the same. I was shocked, I kinda still am, he is sick too.
Rob is feeling much better. Rylan seems to have a milder version of what Rob had, low grade fever and a raspy voice with a nasty, nasty cough. I've called the doctor, they don't want to see us. Told me to treat him at home unless he has trouble breathing, then take him to the ER, call them back if we can't control his fever. They said it sounds like flu symptoms but maybe it's not and if he doesn't have it, chances are he will if we bring him in. That is reassuring, lol. I figured as much that is why I haven't called them, so far whatever we have had has been manageable and I have not been in a big hurry to expose them to anything worse while they are already feeling yucky. I think the worst has past, his voice sounds better and the coughing is lessening. He never acted sick, in fact he has been in a rather good mood. He is an odd little bugger. Knock on wood but I seem to have skipped the worst of it. I felt awful the day before yesterday, today I just feel yucky and lazy. Nothing bad just no energy at all, I feel drained. It was rainy and gloomy today so it was a good day to hang out and lazy.
On another note, Rylan has been working hard on finding new more creative ways to be naughty. Our kitchen is coming along, Rob just finished the frame for a new cabinet. This afternoon Rylan was paying in there and I let him, I figured what could he hurt. He was having a good time and being good and quiet. Despite his lack of speech, quiet is a rare treat from him. Than he got out of the cabinet and his mouth looked funny and there was something on his clothes. So I got up and he had peanut butter smeared all over his face. I look in the cabinet and sure enough there is the half empty jar of peanut butter and a spoon. He was quietly hiding away eating large quantities of peanut butter. Unfortunately it was natural peanut butter and instead of stirring it he just poured the oil out (and all over himself) and got to business. I also keep finding him munching on milk bones. Yup, dog biscuits. I have no idea where he has them stashed, he fed the entire box to the dogs a couple days ago, or so I thought, but three times since I have found him behind the chair sucking away at a milkbone. I am amazed the dogs haven't figured out where he is hiding them either. I know they wont hurt him but yuck, they can't taste good, can they?

1 comments:
I love Halloween, too. I mostly make the kids costumes so there is a bit more stress than I like, but even so it's one of my favorite holidays. It's not about perfection, just about fun.
I want to see pictures of Rylan and Saige. I bet they've grown a ton. And I'm so happy to hear that he's talking. It's so cool when you think about how far he's come. Quinn does that stashing of food, too. It's not like I don't feed him so I'm not sure what's up with that. So far no Milk Bones, but he would if he could.
Post a Comment