It has been one of those day, Saige almost missed the bus, I shut the alarm off and figured I would lie down just for a second,lol. Next thing I know it's 7:53 and the bus comes at 8. Luckily she woke up on time and got dressed, she was playing in her room. I threw a piece of toast at her (she eats at school) while I brushed her hair, put on her socks and shoes. Did a poor job of a 15 second teeth brushing, throw her in a jacket (it's been warm here and for that I will not complain) and pushed her out the door just as the bus pulled up.
I planned to go to yet another animal shelter to search for a puppy this afternoon, after the monsters nap. As I am getting the kids ready I suddenly hear water. Lots and lots of water. A pipe burst in the bathroom, it flooded the bathroom but more importantly it flooded through the hole for the pipes to the basement. Directly over the top of my shelves, the shelves I have to keep everything dry in case of a flood. Shelves that had all my important paperwork and Christmas presents were being stored. I got the water shut off quickly but the damage is done. I salvaged what I could, hoping I'll find more after it dries up a bit. I am trying to be in complete denial, I have very little space for storage but obviously that was not a good spot for gifts. Or maybe if I had them elsewhere something different would have broken. So much for having a jump on things.
Since I wont be fixing the pipe, I have no water until hubby gets home, they wouldn't let him leave. So I loaded up the kids drove an hour to the shelter and fell in love with dog. Got denied, they wouldn't let us adopt a dog because my dog hasn't seen a vet in over a year. I do shots myself (and have the paperwork, receipts, vials and video to prove them) and use the rabies clinic that costs 5 bucks compared to paying the vet 50 for the exact same shot and 8- for walking in the door.
It was also implied I do not take proper care of my animals because I had the cat spayed and got her her shots at the lost cost spay neuter clinic that send the animals home that night instead of charging me to leave them in a cage for the night. The clinic is very well known and reputable. They have a set fee, everyone is welcome, low income gets a sliding scale. We aren't low income but saw no reason not to use their services which ran $100- $200 less than other vets in the area. Apparently for using their services instead of a 'real' vet makes me a horrible irresponsible pet owner and unqualified to have a shelter animal. I'm pissed, here I thought I was doing a good thing, giving a home to shelter dog instead of getting one from someone who didn't bother to spay their dog, in turn supporting them. I think freecycle encourages it, I am a member of two and one of the mods banned animal posts, the other refuses. Now it seems I have very little choice :(

1 comments:
Wow Tara! I sure do hope that you day gets better. I have those days sometimes and they just never seem to end! Hope all gets better!
Post a Comment