Thursday, June 26, 2008

11 (and three quarters) months

I'm late as usual, 10 short days until Rylan turns 1. Oh and this is post #100. Hard to believe I had that much to say, lol. Or at least took up that much space saying that little.

Rylan still isn't walking, but I am completely okay with that, although is he is speedy on all fours. Walking means falling and well he is a big wuss, which means LOTS of crying headed my way. This boy cries if you look at him crooked. That is how he gets around, hands and feet. He does stand on his own but usually drops back down and cries the second he realizes he is on his own, lol. He has lost interest in walking while holding our hands he would rather run his own way. He will cruise all over on his feet with a push toy though.

He says mama, here (or at least something that sounds like here when he hands us stuff) and baba and huh, which I think means hello- he does that one when he is pretending to talk on the phone. Lots of other babbling but that's it in a language that I understand. Saige keeps telling him to speak English.

He is getting three more teeth on the top, two have poked through still waiting on the left front one, it's SO close. Hopefully happier days are ahead. He is still a whiner. He whines about everything. Cars are his favorite toy, he loves to drive them around the floor while making vroom noises to the best of his ability. Her will resort to pushing Saige's roller skates when the cars are missing, and even a shoe or a remote from time to time. He gets REALLY upset when he gets to a wall or a toy is in his way. He will drop down have a fit and whine. He stops immediately if you get up and move the thing in his way, but for the most part I just laugh at him. If I didn't laugh at him, we would not have survived the last year. I worry about him... I dread what will happen once school rolls around if he doesn't have a major change of attitude. I can see it now... "Mrs. Skinner? Can you come get Rylan... another kid in gym class threw him the ball on his turn three hours ago, and he has been crying ever since..." LOL

I WAS THIS close to announcing that it only took eleven months but he is sleeping through the night. But, I made the mistake of mentioning to Robby "I have to blog... I'm three weeks behind and Rylan has been sleeping great for almost an entire month" I should know better than say that kind of thing out loud. I guess I deserve it.

That was three days ago and he hasn't slept since. Mom isn't playing that game anymore. I can't bring him in my bed because he just wants to play and I am afraid he will fall and I am NOT holding him all night in the recliner. No sleep for mom makes everyone miserable- we are all much happier when I have had a good nights sleep. I've gone in to check on him and rub his back- it just makes him cry harder. He is stubborn he went for 2 hours straight Tuesday night. I think me going in made it worse. I let him cry for 10 minutes and then went back and tried to comfort him, everytime he screamed louder. Last night I went in once patted his back and left again without a word. He screamed bloody murder for about 15 minutes and went back to bed. That was it.

Yesterday was nice so we blow up Saiges bouncer and he had a ball. At first he kept sticking his head out like a game but then he realized the slide was FUN. He kept climbing up the slide part and getting to the top, flopping down and sliding back to the ground. I figured the little drop to the ground at the bottom would deter him but nope he kept on going. There may be hope yet :)

Last but not least his very newest trick is taking of his diapers. I keep catching him with the velcro undone and him playing with himself, smiling of course. I know he's a boy but I didn't realize it started so early.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost the big one, bet its been both a fast and slow year. I love once they get passed the one year mark and really start to become little people.

I do hope the sleeping gets better soon, at least you know he CAN do it