Rylan turned ten months old Tuesday... and I forgot, lol. Last night I realized it was the 8th, the days are getting away from me. He's a little monster, he is really fast! he has become obsessed with the stairs and wants them in the worse way. This presents a problem because we can't block them off the way they are and Rob hasn't come up with a solution yet. We have two steps and a landing before the rest of the stairs. We can gate them at the landing which is what we did with Saige, but she a month older when we built them, and she was very cautious, went up and down the two perfectly and carefully. He isn't cautious and would think nothing of launching himself backwards. Figuring that out, even if it means building a wall is on the agenda for tomorrow so I can relax and not have to use the pack and play to block off the entire corner of the room. This bugs me because I have given ideas and Rob disagrees because it wont look nice. This from the a guy who deserves a nomination for redneck of the week. (one of these days I'll get past the embarrassment factor and post some pictures, lol) We currently have like 439 projects started and abandoned by Robby, not looking all too pretty. I bitch about these all the time and how nice it would be to have one completely finished room that looks nice, but this one tiny insignificant thing sets off Robby's sense of style. We wouldn't wouldn't want to sacrifice that for the safety, he will never cease to amaze me ;) I pray everyday that at the very least, I live long enough to be assured my children are old and smart enough to survive daddy's bright ideas, lol.
Back to Rylan... He is extremely vocal (and still VERY loud) and now he "talks" constantly like he is having a conversation that only he can understand, lol. He is cruising around furniture and we are just waiting for him to take off at any moment. I'm not a hurry, he's hard enough to chase on his hands and knees or feet or combo of the two, lol. Walking is just a quick stop before running, plus thats another level of stuff for him to get into.
Today I had him sitting on my lap and he was playing with the remote. I wonder if there is a limit to how many times dish network will replace them, this one is shot too :( Anyway he is pressing buttons and he keep holding it up and handing it to me. We went back and forth, then he lifted it up over his head and smiled at me before he wailed me in the face with all his might. IT HURT! I think he bruised my eye socket, it's still really sore. He thought that was the funniest damn thing he ever saw. He sat there laughing uncontrollably while I tried to wrestle it away from him, he wanted to do it again! He did manage to get it later when I was in the bathroom. I heard a crack and him start laughing, he had Saige's doll and was slamming it in the face with it. Uh oh, he is going to be a brute.
These are Saige's "guys" as she calls them. She sleeps with all of them, well the two dolls sleep on the floor next to the bed but the other FIVE sleep with her. They all come down with her in the morning and they all go up with her at night. She has never insisted on bringing them anywhere and spend the night elsewhere without them fine just likes to "take care" of them. Two half bear, half blankets, one butt ugly piggy, one octopus, one baby alive doll. Most recently added to the line up one dog/berry thingy that smells like strawberry and one cabbage patch ice cream doll that smells like vanilla. Occasionally the furreal kitty gets dragged in the mix (not so much since her batteries ran out, lol). Seriously how many kids drag around 8 toys?
Today we got RJ moved to the basement so as of this afternoon my kids officially have their own rooms. Everyone cross your fingers that this will let us all get some sleep!

2 comments:
I vote for a thick rug on the floor near the stairs and let him try it and see what happens. When Zaven was little he was fearless, and we had our hands full trying to keep him safe. But after his first fall (not a big one, just about six inches, and onto the carpet) he settled down and got a respect for gravity. If the steps aren't big, and there's some cushioning at the bottom, it might be OK. Or are they hard edged? If he could get hurt on the corners of the steps themselves it might not be wise.
BTW, Zoe was talking about how when she had her birthday party this summer, all her brothers and sisters would come. "My brozzer Zaven... and my brozzer Quinny... and my sisser Caly.... and my other sisser."
"What other sister?"
"My sisser Saige."
Happy 10 months, he sounds like he is
doing so well and keeping you busy.
Eilidh is my dare devil to and would
of been leaping of those stairs happily. Hope the teeth come through soon
Post a Comment