Monday, January 7, 2008

6 months


Rylan turned 6 months old yesterday. We celebrated Friday (I really had my days backwards, I thought it was the 6th and therefore his half birthday, lol. He had his checkup with his new doctor today, I really like him, glad we made the switch. He is 27 inches (75%) and 16lbs 2oz (45%). He weighs half as much as Saige and is 10 inches shorter. I thought he was huge but seems to be right on track for a boy, I'm sure he'll hit 20 before his birthday.


He has stopped rolling, he was going right along for a while and just stopped. Now he just cries when he's on his belly, when he's on his back he tries to sit straight up. He'll figure it out sooner or later. He is however sitting (as long as we put him that way) better and better all the time, he stays up for quite a while as much as 3-4 minutes at a time. His control is improving he can sway a bit to the side and sit back up again instead of just falling over. His favorite thing to do is get his socks off and try to eat them too. Once they are off he cries until I put them back on so he can do it again.




Below is his camera smile, lol. He looks like he's going to cry but he is happy. As soon as he sees the camera he squints his eyes and opens his mouth like he wants to eat it. He has been sleeping SO MUCH better, which means all of us are sleeping so much better. Thank god, it took long enough. I'm pretty sure sleep deprivation is some sort of torture. Since he isn't waking Saige up 10 times a night she has been a lot less whiny and that is certainly a plus. We'll be moving him to her room soon- as soon as we get a straight week of sleeping all night. I think we will let her camp in our room the first few nights anyway, just in case. I'm worried that she is going to give him something he isn't suppose to have in his crib, like a pillow or blanket. She is really good about not doing that but I'm still scared.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the move and hope the sleeping well has continued