Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I take it all back... and my husband thinks I'm an idiot

I take back my post about being sad that Rylan was sleeping through the night- I take it all back!!! The past week and a half he has refused to sleep, he only naps for 20 minutes at a time and gets up 3-4 times a night. I need sleep, I miss sleep.

I have always had problems falling asleep, I lay there for hours and it just doesn't happen. Two nights ago was a rare night, Robby and I were in bed watching TV and I was fell asleep, he was wide awake, watching TV. Rylan wakes up crying. I'm was sleeping and after a minute of crying Robby shakes me and says "Are you going to get him?" UMMM HELLO I WAS SLEEPING!!!!!!!!!! I say no your up, you can get him he's probably hungry, feed him. I try to go back to sleep. He starts asking me the stupidest questions;
Robby- How do I feed him?
me- the same way you do any other time
Robby- Where are the bottles?
me- the same place they have been since he was born 4 months ago.
Robby- where should I feed him
me- (beyond pissed at this time) Anywhere you damn well please
Robby- opens his mouth to ask something else
me- (yelling now) Do you think I'm a fucking idiot? (yes I swear when I'm mad, sometime even when I'm not- bad mom) Do you think that no matter how stupid you pretend to be I'm going to get up and do it? I WAS SLEEPING you were not. (we have a deal, I get up in the middle of the night he gets up in the mornings, I didn't realize I had to add that if I was sleeping at 11:30 pm and he wasn't it was all him)
Robby- not even bothering to deny that is what he is doing "OH" and BAM suddenly he is capable of feeding the baby once again.

Too late, it took me hours to get back to sleep. I love him to death but there are moments I could choke him. Five and a half years ad he still doesn't know where we keep the laundry basket.


1 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

Men, can't live with them can you? Hope Rylan goes back to sleeping better soon, its rough lack of sleep