Swimming lessons have ended, so have the library sessions. I was looking forward to a few days of relaxing and sleeping in, I have not done either yet. Instead I decided to tear the house apart and paint it.
I started with the bathroom with a pretty peach color. Or I thought it was a pretty peach color. It looks pretty in the morning sun, light and cheerful. But, as soon as the sun moves away or you turn on the light it looks like someone rubbed pepto bismol on the walls. It's ugly, really ugly. I left it in hopes it would grow on me but it's still just as ugly today as it was 3 days ago. I am pretty sure the guy mixed me the wrong color, it looks nothing at all like the sample.
Next I did the livingroom, that actually went well, and much faster than the really small bathroom. We ended up getting new paint because Rob hated the color I bought. It's a coffee color and we all like it. Robby insists he is going to make all new trim, so it wont be finished, finished for a while :(
On to the dining room, the kids went to camp with my inlaws and I thought, great this will be easy. I had Kyra here to help and it did go fast. No sooner did we finish the first coat, I ruined it. I opened the pantry in the kitchen (which all of 3 inches from the dining room) and out dropped a jar of mayo. It landed standing up but the top popped off and it exploded all over my walls and me, that stuff flies. But we did get it done, it looks nice and will be even better when he gets the trim up.
Next up the kitchen. I had really good intention of starting pats of it. Robby is currently building me new kitchen cabinets (and they look awesome) and drawers. No sooner did I get it all ripped apart than we noticed the ceiling was leaking, my upstairs bathtub has a leak. It has been dripping down onto the top of the cabinets and finally seeped through and started spilling over. Taking a knocked open big jar of red food coloring with it. It looked like blood pouring down the walls. SO I put everything back so Rob could remove the old cupboards and cut a hole in the ceiling to fix what he thought it was. Now I have a big hole in the ceiling and turns out he didn't need to cut it in the first place. Ugh. But on the plus side, we have decided what to do with the kitchen, it involves some serious work and renovating, moving walls, doors, and windows. So we should be busy for a while.

3 comments:
I have been itching to paint something. I really, really want to paint my kitchen and my bedroom. But first I have got to cleam ny house. It is out of control!
Sounds like you had a busy week! I love painting but every time I try halfway through I'm ready to give up, so good job keeping with it!
It sounds like your doing a good job, must be great just to paint and refresh when needed
Post a Comment