Saturday, August 15, 2009

Adventures in mini golf

I really thought that once all the summer activities ended we would have a few days to just relax and take it easy. It hasn't worked that way. Robby has picked up working on the house again, and while I am glad, it means everything is in a constant state of disarray. Before kids, I was a total neat freak. More accurately until Rylan came, and I realized I was defeated. I clean all day behind them but when the kids go to bed I am just too darn lazy to do much of anything other than enjoy the quiet. I have come to terms with the fact that my house is clean but cluttered. This is total chaos though and it drives me nuts. There are cabinets on the floor, things in rooms they do not belong in, things buried so far under other things in piles. It is awful. Today he put in a new door, one more to go. Then back to the kitchen. There is a ray of sunshine though, he has finished his first cabinet for the kitchen. I am very impressed and I can't wait for the rest to be done. Here it is.

Today I took the kids to play mini golf. It was hot. I have been promising Saige and had intended for her and I to play while Rylan "helped" But we had to pay for him anyway, everyone that walks on the course has to pay whether they play or not, so we armed him with a golf club and gave him a blue ball and he thought it was Christmas. We didn't keep score but Saige did get a hole in one. I got hit with Rylan's club about 20 times. He was doing okay for the first three holes and then decided it was easier to just walk over and drop it in the hole by hand. That left more free time to swing his club into my leg. We didn't stop him, there were people behind us and we would have been there all day just letting them pass by. He liked fetching the balls back out of the holes. I didn't get there quick enough to take it at one point and he threw it in a bush for me. That was another 10 minutes trying to find it, finally the guy and his daughter behind us managed to get it out of there.

It's a pretty elaborate set-up, not the course itself, that is pretty easy but the things around it. There are waterfalls, statues of indians, boats, ships, giant turtles, dinosaurs, buffaloes, you name it, it's there. He was loving it, pointing and naming things having a good old time until we went around a corner and he saw the big dinosaur. It scared him to death. Bad mom that I am, I laughed at him, he isn't afraid of seemingly anything until today. I'm thinking of getting one for here at home to scare him into submission when necessary :) He went by the scary meat eating dinosaur with no problem but when he came face to face with the other one.... I wish I had my camera. I had to pick him up and take him to the next hole. He kept an eye on it for the rest of the time to be sure it wasn't getting him. Saige was no help telling him over and over to be good or the dinosaur will eat you. EVERY time he jumped and shrieked and check to be sure it was where it should be.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh that poor baby! And poor you! At least he didn't hurt you bad. When Zaven was little he head-butted Scott and broke his nose.

Tara said...

Ouch poor Scott!
Today I read him Dinosaur Roar and he was running around roaring at us and the dogs, being a scary dinosaur.