Wednesday, October 3, 2007

odds and ends

I took Saige to the doctors today, she has been complaining that her throat hurts- but only at night, other than that she's been fine. I kept blowing her off because she only complained when she was tired and cranky. The dr says it's allergies (I have so many, I don't know why it never occurred to me before) and gave her Claritin. Now, I have a strange child, she will beg for medicine, I have never battled her in that dept. and have a rougher time trying to convince her that she can NOT have as much as she wants. Sure enough I gave her her first dose and put her to bed and she came back down twice fake coughing telling me she is so so sick and needs more medicine, lol.

Rylan keeps rolling, he's only made it all the way (got his arm out) two or three times but he's close to being mobile. When he's on the floor or in his crib he spins in circles and turns around, it's cute. He still makes no attempt to roll from his belly. He laughs all the time now, especially when I'm changing him, to him it's the greatest game of peek a boo! I could strip and redress him all day long and he would be quite happy.

Some very kind soul from freecycle gave Saige a barbie jeep. It's in rough shape but it still goes (after Rob stole the battery out of his dirt bike for it, lol). It has two speeds and reverse, at first she was a bit scared, and still wont go fast, despite Rob's urging. She has a small four wheeler power wheels and cruised everywhere on it, Rob wanted her to have something FASTER. He even threatened to build her one himself (umm.... no). She spent yesterday towing all the rest of her outdoor toys (wagon, car, trikes) hooked together with bungee cords to her jeep. My husband is turning my daughter into a redneck. LOL

I've been making my own aio cloth diapers. These were pretty much the first thing I have ever sewn, and I'm proud of myself, lol. They are getting much nicer, hopefully soon I will make some really nice ones I can sell on ebay to get some money for more material. It's fun, in fact I like them better than all the others I have bought. So I thought I would just keep mine and sell the rest on ebay- they pulled my auctions, apparently you are no longer allowed to sell used cloth diapers on ebay- that's where I bought them all, new and used! The best part, I bought them after the change took affect, I guess it's only bad if you get caught. I had no idea until they sent me an email telling me I was in violation and they were going to suspend my account. Now I have stacks and stacks (not to mention tons of $) of diapers I am stuck with, including a few that were used maybe once or twice. I started with a bunch of different kinds with the notion I would figure out what I liked and resell the rest, not fair :(

1 comments:

Laura McIntyre said...

Both kids are just adorable, sorry about the diapers. Is there somewhere else you can sell them?