Monday, September 24, 2007

I never thought I would say this...

I miss getting up in the middle of the night. Rylan has been pretty much sleeping through the night for the past few weeks now. He sleeps great too, from 7-8 until 6-7 in the morning. With the exception of a couple nights here and there it's been pretty steady. For awhile I was beginning to think he would never straighten out his days and nights. Now that he has I'm kinda sad. Don't get me wrong, I love my sleep too, but, it was kinda nice to get up in the quiet and have him all to myself. Just sit in the rocker and feed him while we stared at each other, me occasionally throwing things at Rob who lay sleeping to get him to stop snoring for a minute, LOL. Now I'm sure if I was still getting up every night I would feel different, lol, and perhaps I'm a bit crazy. I have one on one time with Saige while he naps, and she got three whole years to herself before he even came along. With him the 2 am feedings was the only time it was just him and me.

3 comments:

Amnesty said...

I know just what you mean. Daisy still wakes up once or twice a night, and I haven't really put any effort into getting her to sleep more. I like the quiet snuggling time. Usually she won't sit still long enough!

Laura McIntyre said...

LOL Be careful what you wish for, i remember thinking this a few weeks back when the baby had gone months sleeping through. Then she went through a very very bad patch and made me relaise maybe i don't miss it so much he he

Tara said...

The very night I posted that he got up 3 times, lol. I should be more careful what I say.