Monday, January 18, 2010

My big boy

Well we did it, we took the plunge and assembled Rylan's bed. First I have to say the "easy assembly" stamped on the box is a big fat lie. It might have been easy if there wasn't shoddy manufacturing with holes that were crooked and some missing. Thankfully Robby was home or I would have thrown it out the window. It still took the two of us much longer than it should have.

Rylan was thrilled, he hopped right in and took a nap. We left his crib in the first day just in case but the night went well and we took it down. He was so excited to go to bed that night. He put on his SpongeBob jammies to wear in his SpongeBob bed while coving up with SpongeBob sheets and blankets while a giant SpongeBob hung above him. We put up his new SpongeBob curtains and decals and he was one happy little boy. It's been over a week and all is well. He still likes getting in his bed and pointing out all 8, 742 SpongeBobs to me before sleeping. We did end up putting a gate in front of his door. He can climb over but he hasn't and if he does we will at least have a warning before he goes downstairs, lets the dog loose and shares a jar of peanut butter with her.

He isn't sleeping with baby wipes, he just has a bunch of them filled with matchbox cars.

Robby did get my washer and dryer hooked up finally. I should have gotten one of these years ago! Who would have thought it would become the kids favorite pasttime? Both of them will sit and watch it go around and around while looking for their clothes and announcing everytime it stops, changes direction, or spits water.

1 comments:

Karen said...

I suspect I would end up standing in front of the washer looking for my clothes, too. I get distracted easily, LOL.

I'm glad he likes his bed. Mine only like their beds to play in, not sleep in.