Robby's vacation is over, he went back to work today. It flew by. Despite the fact he drive me insane, I don't get sick of having him around. I don't know anyone else I could spend 9 days straight with, day and night with and not kill. Then again I don't know anyone who could put up with me for an entire 9 days either.
His big to do list? he did maybe three things, lol. Robby is a special kind of lazy. It will never cease to amaze me, the things he will do, the huge projects he will take on, in an effort to avoid doing something simple I asked him to. Who would have thought, climbing the side of the house six times (I'll explain in my next post- big news deserves it's own post, lol) when it's 100 out would be less work than hanging a tiny shelf.... We got the air-conditioners in, but he still hasn't sealed the new windows so basically I'm just pouring money out them. I HATE this about him, to me that is top priority, to Robby that is something he should get around to in the next six months. grrr. I know you're thinking so do it yourself.... I don't climb, I physically can not climb a ladder. I get on the second rung and my entire body freezes in fear and I am stuck shaking, a half a foot off the ground. Smart thing to do would have been to seal them BEFORE putting in the AC, I swear my exact words when he asked if he could put the one in our room in were.... JUST AS SOON AS YOU SEAL THE WINDOW. At least everyone here listens about the same. Someday I will give up and lower my expectations.
He hid up in our room for most of the second yard sale. This time we did Fri and Sat, the weather was much better and we made a bit more money. Not a whole lot, but enough to make the past week "free" We ate out a few times and did a lot of fancy coupon shopping, and got gas (only in the car though). We even got Robby his very first library card. Seriously very first, never had one in his life. He hates to read but wanted to rent free movies, lol. It still amazes me, I LOVE to read, I hope my kids take after me on that one. We visited Fort Stanwix, seen it a few times a week for the last 20 years, and had never gone inside. It was a gorgeous day and Saige thought it was pretty cool, as did we.
On a good note, with him back to work, and not having Zailor today. I am almost caught up on laundry, there is still some but not a whole load of any one pile. My kitchen is clean, and has been for over 3 hours (in a row!) now, and will be for another hour. That can not and does not happen when he is home. I swear if I cleaned it while he was sleeping, he would sleepwalk in and spill something.

0 comments:
Post a Comment